The apricot tree is a member of the rose family. The Vitamin A-rich sweet fruit we eat in the United States is originally from Armenia. The kernels of sweet apricots can be eaten raw, when finely ground. They are often added to fruit juice, cereals or curries. Apricot kernels should taste like almonds and never taste bitter. It is of great importance to only consume apricot kernels from the Sweet Apricot Tree due to the fact that the bitter variety can contain cyanide.
The kernel of the Sweet Apricot is cold pressed to produce a sweet and nutty oil often used in massage and baby care due to it being so mild and full of vitamins.Widely grown in the Mediterranean, Sweet Apricot Kernels contain a high percentage of nutrient dense oil. The Sweet Apricot Kernel Oil we procure at Sweet Life Spa, comes from southern Italy. As with any oil used in skin care, the fatty acid profile is most beneficial for moisturizing and deep conditioning Normal, Mature and Dry, Sensitive skin due to its high Vitamin E & A and Essential Fatty Acid content. It also boasts a considerable amount of Vitamin K, Gamma Lineoleic and Oleic Acids making it an excellent option for the face, hands and hair. We use Organic Sweet Apricot Oil in for the following Anti-aging, Mature Skin and upcoming Hair Care Collection benefits:
- Deep penetrating emollient that aids in reducing dark under eye circles and puffiness
- Tones the skin without leaving it feeling oily
- Promotes elasticity, suppleness and clarity for youthful looking skin
- Calms inflammation and redness in common skin conditions.
- Anti-aging, antioxidant and antiseptic properties fight free radical damage from UV damage and pollutants.
- Retains its moisture content for an extended period of time
- Effectively softens Crow's Feet, fine lines and wrinkles
- Penetrates hair shaft for smooth, tangle-free strands
- As a Deep conditioning hair mask adding softening nutrients
- Eases dry scalp, reduces hair fall and adds shine without greasiness.
You will find the addition of apricot kernel oil in the following Organic Sweet Life Spa products in Damascus Rose Hibiscus or Green Tea, Petal and Botanical Face and Body Care: