Sunflowers are native to America and bloom throughout summer and into Autumn. There are basically two types of sunflower seeds. Confection seeds are edible and used for the extraction of oil for cooking and skincare. The non-oil type of seeds are used in animal feed and are not suitable for human consumption. The highest quality oil is extracted from the flower's petals and black seeds producing an amber colored oil. Their nutrient rich seeds are cold pressed and revered as one of the most effective dry oils in face care due to their especially high Vitamin A, C, D and E levels. It deeply penetrates the skin with minerals such as Copper, Niacin, Zinc, Magnesium, and Iron make this oil beneficial for both internal and external health. Rich in antioxidants, particularly Vitamin E, that keeps sebum from oxidizing, this non-comedogenic oil is high in Lineoleic Fatty Acids and emollients that are exceptional for:
- Calming skin conditions such as Dermatitis, Eczema and other rashes
- Reducing general inflammation, redness and irritation of the skin
- Retaining moisture levels in dry and sensitive skin - recommended for infant massage reducing skin infections by 14%
- Preventing damage to skin cells from ultra-violet light and promoting cell regeneration
- Moisturizing and protecting against the bacteria responsible for acne breakouts without being greasy or blocking pores
- Improving the appearance of scars and smoothing existing wrinkles
- Conditioning hair with Ceramides, taming frizz, preventing breakage, thinning and balding (our Petal Body Oil and Botanical Body Oil can both be used for a leave-in conditioner)
You will find USA Grown Certified Organic Sunflower Seed Oil in the following products with antioxidant dense Green Tea, Marine Actives and Botanicals from Sweet Life Spa:
Marine Moisture Serum Astaxanthin Complex
"Sweet Relief" Arnica Massage Oil
Green Tea Ylang-ylang Face And Body Gift Set
Petal Body Oil
Botanical Body Oil
Organic "Sweet Relief" Burn Serum
Sweet Life Spa's Organic Body Care is formulated better than most face creams on the market without all of the synthetics, dehydrating alcohol or artificial dyes, fragrances and parabens. These rich body oils can also be used as a light leave-in conditioner for your hair since they are rich in Ceramides. Simply add a few drops to your fingertips to distribute through your locks to tame frizz and split ends. Our new Organic "Sweet Relief" Burn Serum contains hair and scalp botanicals for strength and hair growth and can be used as a pre-shampoo treatment or leave-in conditioner. This serum soaks in quickly to get you out the door fast. It was created for my husband for soothing his skin after 33 radiation treatments. A blog and photos will be available in August.
For all over face, eye and neck protection against moisture loss, our Botanical Face Butter is crafted with Super Fruit Oils, Mango Butter, Sunflower Oil, Freshwater Pearl and our in-house Botanical Infused Oils. This souffle textured butter is light and airy and will not congest your pores. It's spectacular for day and night use, depending on your skin's unique moisture requirements.
Botanical Face Butter
Please visit SweetLifeSpa.com for all your non-toxic skincare needs.