As the seasons change so does our skin often becoming chapped, flaky and itchy. Here are some tips for glowing skin and organic skincare products from SweetLifeSpa.com to keep you protected against the elements this winter. We specialize in crafting Botanical Solar Oils in the same technique utilized in apothecaries around the globe for thousands of years. You will see these herb, root, petal, marine and whole fruit infused oils in the majority of our skincare! The difference these concentrated nutrient-rich infusions make for our skin is astounding especially for sensitive and irritated skin.
- Gentle exfoliation is extremely beneficial to rid your skin of dead cells that inhibit your skincare products' absorption. A fresh slate each week not only provides softer skin, it glows. It is very important to not irritate your skin. Sugar and salt scrubs are too harsh for delicate facial tissue, so reserve those types of scrubs for the rest of your body!
- Look into the ingredients on your skincare products. If their first ingredient is water, spend your money on concentrated skincare that is 100% comprised of rich moisturizers like Raw Shea, Cacao and Mango Butters, plant-based oils and botanical ingredients. Our trick for a grease-free finish is to apply our moisturizers to damp skin, either directly after a shower or after your toner. This locks in hydration and draws our moisturizers in quickly leaving your skin incredibly soft, silky and radiant. Also take note that any product that contains water must contain a preservative, more than likely a dehydrating, toxin-filled additive, to inhibit contaminants. The added bonus with our products is that they are long lasting and very effective for less money!
- Even though it may feel good on a cold day, do not wash your body and hair in steaming hot water. You don't want to strip your natural oils and end up with flakes, dehydrated skin, frizz and split ends. Toasty warm showers and baths are optimal!
- Get back to nature with concentrated botanical oils and superfruits that smooth and protect your skin giving it a more youthful appearance. More than 60% of what we put on our skin does enter our bloodstream via or pores. Feed your skin with ingredients that you would be comfortable ingesting. These include antioxidant-rich and vitamin dense berries, pomegranate, avocado, sunflower and chia seeds, apricot, seaweed and teas that regenerate and balance the lipid levels of your skin. Oil-based serums deeply penetrate into your second layer of skin to rectify issues you may be trying to alleviate such as UV damage, wrinkles and blemishes.
- Avoid sulfates in anything you put on your skin. Sulfates are known to be drying and irritating on our skin since they are used to clean industrial buildings and floors in factories. When your skin is dehydrated and inflamed, your sebaceous glands will produce and excess of waxy sebum to protect itself. This type of sebum or thick oil is capable of trapping dirt, dead skin cells and bacteria within your pores. The result is often acne, flakes and enlarged oxidized pores filled with blackheads. Our natural sebum should be fluid and balanced.
- Try switching your laundry detergent and dryer sheets to a formula that is free from harsh ingredients. Artificial fragrances can wreak havoc on your skin considering they are on your body all day and night. Citrus oils in laundry detergents not only freshen your laundry, they dissolve grease and grime and refresh your washing machine, therefore, helping it to clean more effectively.
- Add marine and plant botanicals to your skincare regime. They lock in moisture combating inflamed skin conditions, flakes, hyper-pigmentation and UV damage while softening lines and wrinkles. Additionally, skin care made with roses is exceptional for balancing your pH levels, easing redness and minimizing your pores with antibacterial agents that fight blemishes and scars.
- Skip oil-free skincare. Contrary to popular belief, oils from fruits, seeds and nuts balance excessive oiliness, cleanse and protect your skin from the elements no matter what your skin type is! Again, you don't want your skin to excrete an excess of waxy sebum. If you resisted nodding off in your high school chemistry class, you learned that oils dissolve oils and moisturize at the same time.
- Understand your skin type and read product information to be certain it is right for your skin's unique requirements. For Oily, Combination and Acne Prone skin choose products with non-comedogenic oils that are more astringent and cleansing. For Normal, Sensitive, Mature and Dry skin choose a richer formula with a comedogenic rating of a 2 or less. Many people are confused about their skin type. If this pertains to you, please drop us a line on our contact us page for advice and product suggestions.
- Don't forget the toner after washing your face with a sulfate and alcohol free face wash. Toners, like our Rosewater Mist, need to be gentle and made without peroxide and alcohol to balance the pH of your skin, keeping it from being too alkaline and minimize pores. A balanced pH creates a healthy environment for your skin's natural defense.
- Drink 8 ounces of water for each 20 pounds of body weight. Hydrating your body internally detoxes your system and helps your skin stay healthy from the inside out.
- Increase healthy fats in your diet from avocados, olive oil, nuts and salmon. Good fats combat some of the carbs in foods we all love during the holidays and give your skin a natural radiance. Shop your local farmers market supporting your community while enjoying the freshest produce fresh from the garden.
- Increase your intake of fresh fruits and vegetables, exercise 30 minutes daily, get your beauty rest and take time to socialize, turn off electronics and unwind each day.
- Detox the negativity from your social life. Surround yourself with people who inspire and lift you up. Set boundaries, and if necessary, separate yourself from toxic people. Remember that people will treat you the way YOU allow them to. Show them love and respect as you would like in return. Let no person determine your self worth or tear you down to their level of petty behavior.
Suggested Dry Skin Products From Sweet Life Spa
Marine Spa Soak Rose Hibiscus
Our romantic Rose Bud, Hibiscus, Vanilla Bean and Coconut Marine Spa Soak not only smells delicious, it is dense with muscle relaxing sea minerals and skin softening ingredients entirely from nature with no cheap fillers. It's Organic Oats, Seaweed, Sea Salts and Clay detox and soothe, for a true spa experience at home, in your own bath tub. This is the perfect gift for winter! Who doesn't love a gift of pure mind and body relaxation?
Rose Hibiscus "Sweet Face" Wash
Ditch the synthetics and sulfates and cleanse with gentle Aloe Vera, moisturizing Botanical Oils like Pomegranate, Apricot and Avocado, French Pink and Kaolin Clay and Organic Castile Soap. Our face wash will not strip your skin of its protective oils, but will break down foundation and sunscreen with ease.
Petal 5 Minute Facial
Quickly exfoliate your skin allowing moisturizers to work more effectively. This tropical mask utilizes the power of Pineapple Enzymes, Hibiscus, Calendula, Chamomile and Rose Petals to renew your skin for the week. This deliciously scented mask makes a fantastic gift for any skin type, including sensitive without redness or irritation with Coconut Milk, Oats, Yogurt and Marshmallow.
"Sweet Face" Rosewater Mist
It's loaded with antioxidants to protect your skin and is crafted with edible Rosewater, Aloe Vera, Alcohol-free Witch Hazel, Colloidal Silver and Brazilian Acai Berry. These beautiful ingredients hydrate, detoxify, minimize pores and redness, balance the pH of your skin and leave your makeup dewy and fresh any time of the year.
Marine Moisture Serum Astaxanthin Complex
Our lush Marine Moisture Serum works over-time to smooth, plump and soften UV damaged skin with potent, silky moisturizers. Astaxanthin Microalgae is scientifically proven to reverse and protect against UV damage including fine lines, wrinkles and age spots. This lightweight serum eradicates flakes and brightens by addressing hyper-pigmentation with Olive Squalane and Chia Seed and our Licorice Root, Alaria Kelp, Marshmallow Root, Seaweed and Whole Rosehip Fruit Infused Oils. It's Tangerine, Frankincense and Vanilla Bean aroma is a mood lifting experience. Are you new to oil-based serums? If so, they moisturize and correct issues in your second layer of skin, where problems start and leave your skin glowing!
Botanical Face Butter
Lock moisture in and impurities out with our dreamy whipped Mango Butter and Botanical Infused Oil formula. It pairs perfectly over our Marine Moisture Serum for protecting against moisture loss, blurring fine lines and wrinkles, combating even the driest skin in the winter, used day or night. There is no water in this light and fluffy moisturizer that leaves your skin extra soft with a semi-matte finish with Dragon Fruit and Freshwater Pearl. Beauty bloggers are falling in love with our Botanical Face Butter as a night moisturizer for Combination, Oily and Acne Prone skin since it is properly balanced, not greasy and doesn't cause acne breakouts.
Botanical Body Oil
This non-greasy body oil is in the creamy scent of Sweet Orange, Vanilla Bean and Frankincense, matching that of our Botanical Face Butter. Apply to damp skin directly after a shower for 24 hours of super soft and smooth skin. If you struggle with chronic Eczema, this is the body product for you! Our Calendula, Marshmallow, Rooibos Tea, Elderflower, Sarsaparilla, Lemon Balm and Papaya Leaf Apothecary Infused Oils are anti-aging powerhouses in this gorgeous oil!
Strawberry Slush Whipped Body Scrub
Restore your skin's glow with our Raw Shea Butter, Strawberry Fruit, French Pink Clay & Himalayan Sea Salt and USA Grown Cane Sugar Scrub. There is no need to apply another moisturizer after buffing in the shower since the Shea Butter stays on all day. It's pretty in pink and the fragrance of the organic ingredients reminds us of sweet, fresh from the oven, frosted strawberry nut bread.
Pomegranate Punch Organic Body Butter
Our sweet, juicy and fluffy body butter is a fast absorbing, water-free body butter that offers deep, long lasting moisture. This decadent butter is fluffy and rich, yet melts quickly into your skin infusing it with Super Fruits like Pomegranate, Grape, Maqui, Camu Camu, Avocado and Barbary Fig Oils. We sell out of this body butter at local markets we participate in. Everyone loves the scent, silky smoothness and texture of our Pomegranate Punch Body Butter!
Organic Vanilla Latte "Sweet Cream" Butter Bars
Our solid body butter bars are fantastic for cracked hands, feet, knees and elbows. These were one of our top selling items last Christmas and loved by both men and women. Exotic Brazilian and African Butters like Shea, Mango, Cupuacu and Cacao along with rich Resins and Oils make these gorgeous bars a must have in any skincare routine.
Organic "Sweet Lips" Balm Gift Set
Our Mango, Shea or Cacao Butter balms are perfect for the entire family. They are rich and emollient with anti-aging ingredients that are safe to ingest. Our flavors are 100% Certified Organic in Vanilla Latte, Pina Colada, Strawberry Slush and Banana Frappe. Our lip balms are exceptional for stopping cracks and peeling skin on your lips and leave a nice sheen, not a waxy feeling.
"Sweet Relief" Arnica Massage Oil
Activities and stress from the activities can bring on stiff, achy muscles and joints. Our Arnica Massage Oil contains wild harvested herbs that have been used for centuries in Europe, the USA and Brazil for soothing relief. We've included our Botanical Solar Oils crafted with Passionflowers, German Arnica Montana, Nettle, Strawberry Leaf, St. John's Wort and Burdock Root in our recipe. It's aroma is extremely relaxing with Grapefruit, Sweet Orange, Rosewood and Helichrysum. This item is becoming one of our fastest sellers at the outdoor markets we participate in!
Many of these items are part of our gift and travel sets at a discount! Don't forget to subscribe to our monthly newsletter for product launches and sales alerts!