As a member of the mint family, the antioxidant-rich roots, leaves, seeds and flowers of Nettle have been used since medieval times brewed as a tea, in soups, pasta, chutney and in topical formulations for numerous ailments and for obtaining flawless, radiant skin. Its leaves contain astringent properties that are fantastic for both the skin and hair. You may know this herb as Stinging Nettle, but once the leaves are dried or cooked, they no longer have the ability to sting since they lose their Formic Acid. Enjoyed internally the benefits include an increased libido, mental clarity and energy, relief for seasonal allergies, lowering glucose levels, purifying the blood and kidneys, a firmer body, easing PMS, bloating, menopausal conditions, cramps, gastric issues and promotes prostate health. Please note that if you are on blood thinners or blood pressure medication, you should speak with your doctor before ingesting this potent leaf. Nettle leaves are rich in Vitamin C, Beta-carotene (5 times more than carrots), silica, iron and sulfur that provide strength and increase circulation while benefiting the conditions listed next.
- Treats acne and blemishes without leaving behind scars
- Its potent antibacterial and anti-fungal properties kill off micro-organisms responsible for breakouts and discourage their return
- Balances oily skin and effectively cleanses and purifies the skin
- Exceptional for Psoriasis, Eczema, Dermatitis, Chicken Pox, insect bites and itchy skin conditions
- Calms redness, irritation and speeds up wound recovery
- Potent, yet gentle anti-inflammatory agents soothe burns and reduce scars and peeling from burns
- Polyphenols, Vitamin C and A fight aging free radicals, firm tissue, soften fine lines and brighten dark spots
- Treats hair loss as a pre-shampoo massage oil and promotes hair re-growth, soothes itchy scalp conditions and is often used to treat dandruff while making strands shine
- Pain relieving properties in this herb have been used for Arthritis, Gout, Bursitis, Rheumatism and Tendonitis drank as a tea or used as a massage oil
You will find Nettle Leaf in the following spa products from Sweet Life Spa:
Organic "Sweet Relief" Burn Serum And Spray Set
This set was created for soothing the burns. redness, peeling and blisters my husband had during 33 radiation treatments. It is loaded with burn soothing Nettle and these products have been amazing for his skin. There will be a separate blog with weekly photos in August. This serum doubles as a scalp and hair pre-shampoo treatment for thinning, dry or oily hair.
Organic "Sweet Relief" Arnica Massage Oil
For soothing relief for muscle and joint tension, our "Sweet Relief" Arnica Massage Oil is fantastic as a couples massage oil and made to bring with you to a massage appointment. Of course, a small amount is optimal massaged in to your skin any time you need relief for over-worked, inflamed tissue for your back, neck, hips, wrists, feet and legs. Its Citrus, Helichrysum and Rosewood aroma is like a stroll through a meadow on a sunny day and very relaxing.
For all of your Organic Skin and Sun Care need, visit SweetLifeSpa.com