If you are confused about the proper order in which to apply face care products, you are not alone. The tips below are for a full face of makeup. It you are not wearing makeup skip to step #2. You will find Sweet Life Spa's synthetic and alcohol free options at the end of these directions. We do not craft our skincare with mineral oil, parabens, phthalates, sulfates, petrochemicals or artificial dyes, colorants or fragrances. You receive maximum potency products that are not watered down with cheap fillers that last for months at SweetLifeSpa.com.
- For removing stubborn waterproof makeup, the purest way possible, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil melts it away quickly while nourishing your lashes without tugging the sensitive eye area. Apply just a dab of our Organic "Sweet Cream" of Coconut to your fingertips and gently massage your eye area in a circular motion. Your skin will be radiant afterwards!
- Always start with cleansed skin with a gentle face wash without sulfates or alcohol. This is a must for balanced skin and pores once or twice a day. On a damp face, use a sea sponge, spin brush, soft cleansing cloth or your fingertips, for 30-60 seconds to gently penetrate your pores and lift away the debris of the day. Rinse well with warm water. For the record; we are not big fans of spin brushes since they can disrupt your skin's barrier function and stretch your pores.
- After rinsing away your face wash, mist an alcohol-free, pH balancing toner on your face or on a cotton pad to remove any remaining cleanser. A well formulated Rosewater Mist can be used as a matte makeup setting spray or anytime of the day refreshing spritzer. This is a vital step that many don't include in their skin care regime, however, it diminishes the appearance of redness and pores, balances your pH levels and adds luminosity.
- While your skin is still damp, apply 2-5 drops of your face serum. Pat the serum onto your face, neck and chest instead of rubbing. Let the serum soak in for a few minutes if you'd like. A deep level moisturizing oil-based serum may be all you need for daytime moisture, with or without makeup. Botanical, non-comedogenic serums will not clog your pores and are full of firming, pore refining, scar, wrinkle and dark spot diminishing actives that lock moisture in and impurities out maintaining a youthful appearance. If you haven't tried an oil-based serum, you are probably missing a key item in your skincare regime. You only need a couple drops and they penetrate past the epidermal barrier and deliver nutrients deeper into the skin.
- Apply one drop of an eye serum, if needed, to your fingertips and lightly tap it into the area. Eye serums tend to migrate, so apply them slightly below your lash line and just below your brow bone. Our eye serum is designed for under eye circles, crow's feet and puffiness. If this doesn't apply to you, our "Sweet Face" Serums are gentle enough for your under eye area.
- If you are in need of additional moisture for your skin type, apply a pearl sized amount of Organic "Sweet Cream" of Coconut or Botanical Face Butter. There is no need for a specific neck and chest cream. They are nothing more than a marketing ploy. If a serum or moisturizer does wonders for your face, why would you need a separate product for this area? The answer is - you don't!
- To keep your lips moist apply our "Sweet Lips" Balm throughout your day, especially at bedtime for locked in deep conditioning with anti-aging, lip line blurring botanicals.
- Once or twice a week, gently deep cleanse your pores and exfoliate flakes, blackheads and dead cells with our Petal 5 Minute Facial or BANANA SMOOTHIE Cleansing Grains, Buff and Mask. This encourages fresh cell turnover allowing the rest of your skincare to work even better. Our tropical masks are in their dry state for ultimate freshness without preservatives. You simply mix them with pure water or our Rosewater Mist for 15+ applications per jar!
In the morning repeat steps #2 through #5. Top your serum with a tinted moisturizer, concealer or foundation. If you will be exposed to sunlight, apply sunscreen over your serum or moisturizer. We recommend avoiding sugar, salt or kernel scrubs on your face! They are too harsh for delicate facial tissue, may cause micro-tears and are capable of spreading bacteria to clear pores from a blemish. Once or twice a week for deep detoxification, mineral and moisture absorption, apply one of our Organic tropical masks. There is never need a to leave a clay based mask on your face for more than 10 minutes. The minerals and nutrients are deposited within the mentioned time frame. Additionally, we don't recommend them, but if you use a Vitamin C or Retinol Serum, avoid them in conjunction with masks or use them on different days. This may sound like a lot of steps, but it should take less than 3 minutes. Please don't sleep in your makeup, especially with acne prone skin!
We focus on three different skin types and the issues that pertain to them. Sweet Life Spa's Green Tea Ylang-ylang is crafted for balancing sebum quality for Combination, Oily & Acne Prone Skin in a refreshing light citrus and floral scent. For Normal, Dry, Mature and Sensitive Skin, our firming and redness reducing "Sweet Face" Rose Hibiscus formula is perfect for your skin type with our Organic "Sweet Cream" of Coconut or Botanical Face Butter as a day or night cream. if you have extremely dry and sun damaged skin with signs of aging, our Marine Moisture Serum is a dream for reversing and protecting against UV damage, flakes and a dull complexion with Astaxanthin Micro-algae.
The following items from Sweet Life Spa are a pure and gentle way to balance your skin, regulate sebum production and combat signs of aging with antioxidants. Simply click on each photo for more information:
Organic "Sweet Cream" of Coconut
Organic "Sweet Face" Wash Rose Hibiscus
Organic "Sweet Face" Wash Green Tea Ylang-ylang
"Sweet Face" Rosewater Mist
BANANA SMOOTHIE Cleansing Grains, Buff & Mask
Petal 5 Minute Facial
Organic "Sweet Face" Serum Rose Hibiscus (Normal, Dry, Mature & Sensitive Skin)
Organic "Sweet Eyes" Serum Rose Green Tea
Botanical Face Butter
Organic "Sweet Lips" Balm Gift Set
The majority of our products are available in a gift and travel set at a discount. We also have a body scrub, body butter bars, whipped Pomegranate Punch body butter, SPF for beach days, nail and foot treatments, pain relieving Arnica massage oil and 24 hour moisture locking body oils available at SweetLifeSpa.com
In early 2018 we will offer a men's line and a day and night cream for your skin type for those that need additional moisture. Look for our "Sweet Spot" Serum for lightening acne scars, dark spots and stretch marks with Organic Tamanu Oil in the weeks ahead.